Sunday 24 July 2011

A Time To Blog



I have finally boarded the blogging train. I am not one to be at the front of the trendy queue but I do eventually get there while it is still in fashion and not finished. My first forray into blogging was when I was asked by a Brazilian friend of mine what my thoughts were on the Brazilian people. She was kind enough to give me a guest slot on her blog and I enjoyed writing my little article there. It inspired me to make a blog of my own as I always enjoyed the blogs of other people. I was also pleasantly surprised by all the positive feedback I received just by documenting a short segment of my life in a true, emotional and uncensored manner.

I am following in the footsteps of some famous blogs that have gone before me. There have been some light-hearted fictitious ones such as Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City and Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother and also some famous hard-hitting ones such as Belle de Jour (about the life of a UK prostitute).

I doubt my blog will be as spectacular or as sensational as well known authors, celebrities and travel journalists but I will provide an insight into what I perceive and into what I experience, as and when I feel the need to write about it. From the mundane and routine, to the profound and exciting, it is also a way to vent and express oneself.

You are welcome to drop by and glance any time.

Dave

1 comment:

  1. Yeaaaah!! I just found your blog and I am so happy you made it!! You can be sure I'll always come here to read your posts! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete