Tuesday 26 July 2011

Horrible Bosses


I find myself in a frustrating situation in work at the moment. It is a long story with many twists and turns that I will dry to condense into a short blog entry.

This will confuse the shit out of you but here goes:

I was on Shift C in Suite 3. I applied for a transfer to a different department (a new area) called Suite 2. There would be better hours and a better shift pattern and I would be involved at the start of a new process and so it would be a great move for my career development.

I had an interview and I was hired for it. But I had to go to Suite 1 for a while for training while Suite 2 was under construction.

I was sent to a psycho shift on Suite 1 called Shift A. The atmosphere was horrible. The people were unfriendly and assholes and miserable. The supervisor was an arrogant, obsessive, psychopathic prick. The only thing that was keeping me sane was the thought that it was only temporary and Suite 2 (the promised land) was only around the corner, with normal hours and nicer people.


I was then told I had to go to Shift C in Suite 1 as they had fewer people on their "team" (there is no team in my company, just backstabbing, attention-seeking no life pricks). I didn't want to go as it meant I would have to change shift pattern with little notice and change all my plans. I was told I was only going to be there for 1 month temporarily just to help them out and then I would be going to Suite 2. Well, it has been 2 months now and still no change except for today.

I was informed by my Shift C supervisor that I would be moving back to Shift A in Suite 1 for good. Someone from Shift A had applied to go to Suite 2 and the psychopath supervisor wants me to replace the guy leaving, starting this weekend. I was extremely disappointed and angry upon hearing this terrible news.

Promises, promises, promises. I am being treated very unfairly and being fed lies by different supervisors and managers across different shifts. I was thinking to go to HR (Human Resources) and tell them what's going on and that I am not happy.

What would you do if you were me? Any advice or thoughts are welcome. It's an annoying predicament to be in.

Cheers




Disclaimer: Any events, labels, or persons referred to above resembling anybody, groups or company, living or dead, past or present is purely coincidental and is intended to be fictitious. No offence is intended to be caused nor copyright or libel infringements.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry about it. But I don't know how to help you. Maybe you can say to them that do you prefer your old shift than this one and they can consider other person for this place. Because you made plans and this new notice catch you off guard.
    If you see that the things will not change, so ask them to set a deadline for moving to the promised land as soon as possible.

    according to my previous experience, talk to the HR doesn't work. It's a department that is powerless. It's like talk to the school psychologist. They do not solve your problem and the schoolmates know that you went there. Ok, it was in Brazil, maybe here they give real attention to your problem.

    my case: I had an issue with the system analyst because I was doing my work and his work. And before he was hired I tried to apply to the position but the manager was in a competition with me. Of course because of his lack of knowledge. The manager at that time was going to work in another company, but the big boss ask him to hire somebody through he was on holidays. And he said no to my application. So I stayed as a programmer, but the analyst he hired was like him without knowledge and much more bossy than the manager. So I tried to talk to the HR twice or more I don't remember exactly. After that nothing was done, I get very unmotivated and then I was fired. Afterwards I got a better job in a bigger company and he was fired as well. Because they realise that I was doing his job. Until now I have a good relationship with the big boss, but 2 things I have in mind now..I don't want to work anymore for them and the HR it's a fictitious department. And for this reason I don't believe in interviews. For me are too fake.

    Good luck,
    Melissa Rocha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the HR Department and they only offered me advice and options. They don't do anything. It's bullshit. I will try and talk with the Supervisor and Manager again informally. Then I just have to accept.

    ReplyDelete