Sunday 4 September 2011

Common Brazilian mistakes in English - Part 1






  • Pushar- pull doors in english that say push instead of push them

  • I pretend to go with you = I intend to go with you

  • You are very sensible = You are very sensitive

  • Wait me there = Wait for me there

  • Let me explain you = Let me explain it to you

  • I lost the bus = I missed the bus

  • Confusion between he/she and his/her/your = ele/ela e dele/dela/seu/sua

  • Reclamations??? = Complaints

  • Let’s go to the shopping……= Shopping is not a place. It’s a verb or activity. So, let’s go shopping or let’s go the shopping centre or let’s go to the shopping mall. Shopping mall or shopping centre are places and are ok but not just shopping for a place.

  • Beach (Biiiiiiiich)/Bitch (Behtch) = Praia/Puta

  • He has twenty five = He is twenty five years old or He is twenty five.

  • I changed my idea = I changed my mind

  • Thanks to help me = Thanks for helping me

  • Did you have a funny night? = Did you have a fun night?

  • What do you doing? = What are you doing?

  • I thing = I think

  • Remember me to call her = Remind me to call her

  • Today morning = This morning

  • Today night = Tonight

  • I am anxious about my holidays = I am excited about my holidays

  • Messi is the better player in the world = Messi is the best player in the world

  • Felipe Melo is the worse player in the world = Felipe Melo is the worst player in the world

  • Barcelona FC is a great time = Barcelona FC is a great team (what time is it? = que horas são?)




No comments:

Post a Comment